Homeschooling and the Arts

My kids are taking classes this year (I am sure I have mentioned this a million times, sorry)

On Mondays they are going to Masters Academy of Fine Arts where they learn Art, music, drama, and history all combined. My son in starting the high school program (at 13) and majoring in film.

In drama class everyone has to participate so since he hates being the center of attention, he will be doing tech work... so I have to get going soon to the audition for a "charlie brown" play... he even has to audition for the tech spot. (school has unofficially started back for the year)

I think there is great value in having your kid involved in a activity that forces interaction like drama. My son is one of the less outgoing people, so we really push him in this area, but because he wants to learn film making he is willing to step out of his comfort zone. I am proud of him for stretching himself.


Speaking of kids in drama, I found these great youtube videos of homeschool kids in the arts. Here is one I really enjoyed:





No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...