Homeschoolers vs homeschoolers

Whether we as homeschoolers want to admit it or not, we are often very unsupportive of each other. We criticize those who don't homeschool the same way that we do. We think that our way is the only right way.

We need to stop.

Here is an article I recently wrote about this entitled Why Can't all Homeschoolers Get Along?

There's nothing about a group of homeschooling mom's getting together to discuss homeschooling their kids. Often it is a source of encouragement and a much needed time of connection with people who are like minded. Sometimes however, such meetings can get contentious.
read more here

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post, I could t agree with you more, it just so happens to be a bit of a pet peeve of mine. :-)

This is my first time to you blog and I have greatly enjoyed your posts, thank you for sharing, encouraging and reaching out to the homeschool community!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I have experienced this first hand! I had a close friend who was not homeschooling and when she decided to she made a point at all times to tell me how I shouldn't be homeschooling the way I was homeschooling. Drove me NUTS!

I would hope that all mama's could just allow other mama's to be the homeschooling mama they are!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...