Recent homeschool and education articles





Homeschoolers Shouldn't Fret over College

by Andrea Hermitt

My subscription to the Homescholar Record came to day and it carried great news.

Will the mom of the new Octuplets Homeschool?

by Andrea Hermitt

When I think about the mom

who just added 8 children to the six she already has, my only thought is "how is she going to get one on one time with each of them". My next thought was of the Duggar Family. According to Newsvine.

South Dakota School Board Wants Homeschoolers Back

by Andrea Hermitt

According to the HSLDA. the Rapid city School Board in South Dakota wants to recruit homeschoolers in an effort to bring more money into the district. Read more about Rapid City school budget woes.

Should you hire a high-end homeschool professional

by Andrea Hermitt

In a tongue-in-cheek article that manages to kick homeschoolers a few times in the process, a Cityfile New York article introduces an entrepreneur supplies high end teachers to affluent homeschool families.



Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW..!! Really very informative. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.I think that this site provides the best information for homeschooling related issue.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I think also the mother of the octuplets (who already has six other kids, wow!) is going to find that some of her children will have special needs.

I am homeschooling my autistic Elf (age 8) and working with my nonverbal 2-y-o (probably also autistic). I also have my 7 and 1 year old home during the day when my older children (15, 13) are at school. Hs-ing special needs children, even if you have money, is not easy.

Duggars, though, have all neurotypical kids AND they added them one (sometimes twins) at a time. She also has help with laundry and things like that from outside the family. :]

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...