Homeschooling For Dummies

I just read an article entitled Using For Dummies Books in Homeschooling.  "Hey!  I've done that"; I thought.

I mostly use free online programs for homeschooling my high school students, but there were few options available for Algebra 2.  I had noticed the For Dummies books but hesitated to buy them in fear of insulting my son.  Then he came to me and requested Algebra 2 for Dummies.  (My son has always helped  research and choose his curriculum.  I purchased the book and accompanying workbook. He loved it.

Upon finishing it, he did give a small warning. He said that it was written for someone who was familiar with Algebra and possibly even Algebra 2, but needed extra help.  Whenever he got stuck, he went online and chose videos from sites like Khan Academy, and Your Teacher.com.

Just something I thought you should know.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...