Which song is most appropriate for Kindergarteners?

Song 1 

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

Song 2

 And I was like baby, baby, baby ooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby ohh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

 Baby, baby, baby ooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby ohh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

According to  Principal Greta Hawkins who "doesn't want to offend other cultures", song number 2 is most appropriate for kids to sing. Keep in mind that these are both choruses only, but it is clear that one is about loving the USA and the other, the accepted song is about mindless whining over a lost relationship... maybe the kids are singing to their wubbies....

Besides being clueless, I am sad to say that this principal is not only polarizing this school by religion, but by race as well.

 THIS IS NOT A JOKE.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Not only is it a sad affront to patriotism, the Bieber song is just so mindless that I can hear the test scores dropping there already.

That's all that really talks in these schools. I'm sure there would be some compromise possible, but why bother? This is the real world where only what the top dog says matters. :(

Blondee said...

Sometimes others truly disappoint me when it comes to leading our children...and this is one of those times. How completely idiotic!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...