Guest posts: As of June 2017, I have decided to severely limit guest posts. The requests are getting out of hand and I feel like the posts that are sent to me are not really what I am looking for in a guest post. For the few I accept I will look for the following:
What I look for in a guest post:
- Writer must be a homeschooling parent, homeschooling student, or former homeschooling student.
- Relevance to homeschoolers, as in you have something concrete to offer homeschoolers whether it be subject specific, experience specific, a unique perspective or something of that nature.
- Uplifting topic, as in I don't want to read another article about the downfalls or problems in homeschooling. We know what they are and how to overcome them. Any guest posts I choose must be uplifting.
- Pre-written blog post. I know it is a pain, but I won't even give a tentative yes unless you submit the post you have in mind. If I don't like it, you can always put it on your own blog or use it somewhere else. This way, I don't have to guess as to whether I will like a hypothetical blog post.
- Submit guest posts requests to email@example.com and write GUEST POST in the subject line.
- Advice from anyone who doesn't truly understand homeschooling
- Posts from commercial sites. Please don't submit a post with a link to a commercial sites.
- Keep in mind that I will place a PAID text or button ad on my site if you are just looking for advertising.
Blog spammers: Blog spammers have gotten out of control. For that reason, I have had to put comments on moderation. My blog is not here to promote your website, regardless of what it is. I will let a few comments through that links back to a website, but guys, do you have to be so obvious that the only reason you are commenting is to get traffic back to your sites? I will delete those. Don't abuse the comment section, and your comment will stand. Once again, if you want to place a PAID ad on my site, just contact me.
FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE