Reasons I am glad we homeschool: various assaults

While having fighting skills to survive a Zombie Apocalypse or the possibility of having to participate Hunger Games is important, there are many things that kids should not have to deal with that I am glad to have been able to spare my kids from.


  1. Having schoolmates turn against you en-masse.  
  2. Having a teacher say, "she's pretty, let's see if she's smart (while pinching her).
  3. Having teachers purposely call you out of your name... just to be hateful. 
  4. Having everyone know that you the lowest or highest grade on the test.
  5. Wanting to learn while watching the teacher deal with the kid who is acting out instead. 
  6. Being mocked for not having expensive shoes
  7. Being made to feel bad for being smart, causing them to purposely dumb down
  8. Having kids call you racist nick-names like Oreo, zebra, and other black or white specific words I won't mention here. (These were just the names I was given).
  9. Being reprimanded by a teacher or administrator without them hearing you out. 
  10. Watching some other girl/boy dating your crush every.single.day. 
Yes, many of these things happened to me. So glad my kids did't have to deal with this crud... of course they can't escape the real world now, but they are emotionally ready for it. 



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yes I love saving my boys from so much crap. Yes I can't keep them from the real world but I can definately shelter them until they are more mature to handle certain things and put them in their proper place.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...