Week in review

I pretty much spent the last day and a half just trying to catch my breath.  I don't know if I am getting old, or if I really just wore myself out this week.  I am now going to try to remember this past week and write down the events.

Monday:  Coaching my daughter to spend the whole day working on her assignments, and this would be a short academic week.  My computer died.  I pouted. My husband worked from home and I watched him like a hawk because he did not seem well all weekend.

Tuesday:  Let daughter drive me 40 minutes across town for her classes, did household and shopping errands.  Thankfully, someone else gave her a ride home.  Tried to make use of the computer/server our family has as the entertainment center. The wireless keyboard made my efforts take twice as long as it
would with a regular keyboard.  Helped daughter get 2 college applications completed.

Wednesday:  Coached (nagged) daughter all day again to get work done. Took over my husband's office and used his personal computer.  Wore myself out mentally attempting to remember my passwords.  Neck and back pain started.

Thursday:  Nagged daughter till 11am to get more work done. Drove her to music lessons scheduled for noon.  Did some shopping.  Ate lunch at a horrible Chinese restaurant. Took daughter to Drama Club and stayed there dismantling the entire costume/prop closet which is supposed to be the sound booth. It took 4 hours to empty the room.  Tried to ignore neck and back pain.  Did not sleep well.

Friday: Got up early, took care of some financials, then went back over to homeschool program to organize the costume closet.  We carved out a pretty good set up, providing a home-made divider  by placing cabinets in the center of the room, as well as home-made closet organizers that we pray will be replaced with something more professional.  Still it provided plenty of room for the sound booth guys.  It took 9 hours, but in the end, the costume closet is pretty impressive, and the tech booth is pretty nice.  Everyone will have a less expensive (no buying things we already own) and well run drama club experience. ... at least for this year anyway.  Took lots of pills for neck and back pain.  Left daughter (who helped) at school program for lock in.  Barely slept at all.

Saturday:  Got up early. Had OK breakfast.  Went to mall and purchased a new computer, paying more than I wanted to, but hubby always insists on the best, and matched the money I had set aside for my computer.  Picked up daughter around noon.  Went home, and watched hubby play on my new computer. Went to in-laws for a quick visit.  Then came home and commenced to learning how to use a mac as I have always been a PC user.  Went to Sat evening church service... which is very odd to me, but my church has gone through some things and we are using a temp space right now and Sat eve is our only time for service.  Felt like crap, and tossed and turned all night.

Sunday:  Got up, cleaned, watched a movie, wrote a couple articles, had dinner, went back to computer.... Wrote college related email to my daughter's "guidance counselor"/ accreditation person.  Putzed around... a lot. Reset a lot of passwords I could not remember as they were saved on my dead computer...... and I am still sitting here at almost 1am.  I pray I get some sleep tonight.  My back and neck do feel better.




FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...