Homeschool hostile college?

I'm not naming names since my daughter's application is still in processing, but I think we are dealing with a homeschool hostile college.

We know what homeschool friendly looks like because of my son's experiences where he was immediately accepted to several colleges, with only one giving push-back.   My daughter has also heard back from 2 colleges as I keep mentioning;)

She has withdrawn one application, and is letting one more go through for giggles and grins.  But this
is not funny.

Even after going through the trials and expense to get her portfolio accredited, this college is still balking.  They want a teacher's reference, but not just any teacher's reference... they want a reference from a teacher who has taught a core subject... but even as a homeschooler, that teacher cannot be me.  Her music teachers don't count.  Her art teachers don't count.  Her theater teachers don't count... Even her Shakespeare teacher doesn't count.  This is very frustrating.

I guess they wouldn't be calling us with all these crazy questions if they weren't seriously considering her, but I am not expecting much from this school.  Too bad though, the location of the school is ideal for her.  Just outside of the big city, on the rail system...   I am going to call and talk to someone tomorrow.  Tuesday is the deadline for this application to be done.

Wait.  Maybe I don't want this one to go through!



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...