We're healed! The Flu has flown

Well, not so much, actually.  We have officially been sick long enough to be completely over the flu, but secondary infections are a trip!

Regardless, I am claiming health in this situation.  Sorry, I've always wanted to say that.  Like when you're at church and someone asks how you are, and if you have the guts to actually tell the truth, they like to declare it all-better in the name of the Lord?  I'm usually thinking... no, no, my ankle still feels sprained.  Nevertheless, I am sick of being sick, and so we are healed.

Back to homeschooling.  I need to look through my daughter's stuff to see where we left off... it's been so long since she's picked up a pencil.  But she's been memorizing monologues every waking moment because....

Next on the agenda... three weekends in a row of competitions

1. CITA (Christians in the Theater Arts High School Festival).  The homeschool group/school competes in this.
2.  College choice #2 theater scholarship competition.
3. College choice # 1 theater scholarship competition.

(and wouldn't you know it... each competition has different criteria, so she has to memorize different monologues and songs for each)

College choice 3&4 are both having events next weekend, but she decided CITA was more important.  I'm going to be acting like a certified health nut this week so she can do her best, and I can get her where she needs to be for the next 2 weeks.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy to hear you guys are one the mend. We are in the midst here at my house. I am ready for this to pass.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Ha ha! Ok, just dug a little deeper into my reader and found the answer to the "how are you" question. You are HEALED! You've claimed it! Ah well, seriously, I do believe in God and also the power of positive thinking. And I am glad you are perking up a bit there with your humour, back to yourself again. :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...