English - Done!

I took my girl this morning to take the Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP.  She passed the test my a good margin, and so I am pleased with her progress in Language arts for Grade 12.  She has also earned college credit for one class.  (Had she gone to another college, it would have been worth 6 credits.

If find it interesting that she passed this test without any extra studying, and based on the wealth of her accrued knowledge alone.  It just reinforces to me that Language Arts / Literatures is definately her natural inclination, and also that a ton of reading will have big rewards later.

As for the remaining 7 weeks of school, she has to complete 2 papers, finish 5 chapters of health, and 2 chapters of physical science.

Then there's the senior project and performance.

I can't believe the finish line is so close.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

way2 college said...

NICE BLOG!!! Education is the process of bringing desirable change into the behavior of human beings. It can also be defined as the “Process of imparting or acquiring knowledge or habits through instruction or study”. Thanks for sharing a nice information.
Study Abroad in Germany
Study Abroad in Germany

Unknown said...

I found my way here from Small World. As I was looking around your blog, I found found and read your article on How to Get Your Homeschool Child into College. Great article. I have a daughter in 11th grade and a son in 10th. I've been researching a lot on this subject. My daughter wants to stay close to home, but my son may want to go away to college. I'm wondering what college your daughter is going to...an all girl college.
You have a lot of great information to share. One of the best sites I've found in LetsHomeschoolHighSchool.com They have a pretty active forum, some great articles and free tools. If you decide to check it out, maybe you can help out some parents in the forums.
Thanks for sharing!!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...