Things I love to do

As I try to figure out what I am going to do with my life, since my kids don't need me anymore, I have been taking time to really, really, look at what I love to do.  Here's my list:

1.  I love being at home.  I am not the best housekeeper, and I don't really like to cook, but I like being here, available for my family.  Not just my kids, but my in-laws, nieces and nephews.  Let's not forget hubby.  I like being needed.... by people I actually care about.

2.  I like being involved in education and helping kids make educational breakthroughs.  I still don't know how I can make any money doing this, but it is not something I want to give up.

3. I love theatre design work!  A. Whole. Lot.  It plays into my strengths as an artist, which is what I studied in school, and I love the temporary nature of it.  You plan a show, you design the clothes and set, it gets used, and it goes away.  It is very project based, and I excel in this area.

4.  I love architecture. I'm considering real-estate and a profession... maybe.

I am going to encourage all of you homeschool moms to go ahead and make a list now, and not wait until your homeschooling days are almost done before you consider yourself and how you want to spend your time.  I feel like I should have thought about this at least a year ago, so I could begin to find a position working part time in a theatre or apprenticing or something.  Now I am behind the 8-ball and feel the need to get a job doing anything while figuring it all out.




FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

Julie said...

Community organizer for a theater design program for seniors and other ages.??

Karen said...

Challenge accepted:

I love teaching/mentoring.
I love being "out" with being "outside of the box"
I love editing
I love astronomy
I love yard sales
I enjoy talking to people
LOVE talking with kids
Very comfortable in front of people
Decent writer
...

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...