I homeschool my kids. Why? Because I like them.

I really, really, really like my kids.

When people ask me why I homeschool my kids, thier questions always end with the declaration that they could never, ever spend so much time around thier kids.

I usually reply by saying "I used to feel the same way", but I walk away wondering if they like their kids at all. True, my kids used to make me a little batty when they were younger, and we still have those moments when they won't stop touching or looking at each other, but for the most part, I really enjoy thier company.

On rainy or those rare snowy mornings (we live in GA) we snuggle up in bed for an extra hour instead of trudging out into the cold

We play impromptu board games, educational games, and games we make up.

We have long serious talks and moments of sheer silliness.

Sure I could use more peace and quiet once in a while, but when they are not here, I really miss them.

...And the longer I homeschool them, the more I like them. They have learned my moods and know when to hug me and when to find something else to do. They are self sufficient at the ages of 9 and 11. After 3 years of homeschooling, they need very little help from me with their homeschool curriculum. Many mornings they fix thier own breakfast and mine too. They are intelligent and articulate too.

If wish I knew more adults with their qualities... if I did, I would have some great friends!

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...