Just to prove homeschooling kids are not limited by their parents' knowledge

With teens, everyday could be sleep in day if I allowed it. But because there was a recital program (piano, dance, and singing) last night, I am allowing it today. Both kids played difficult piano peices of which I don't even know the names... I think my son's peice was a by Mozart.


I am so glad that just because I don't know something doesn't mean my kids can't learn it. I (almost) love it when they start talking music and I glaze over because it proves that homeschooled kids aren't limited by their parents knowledge.

...And I know NOTHING about music! I can't sing because I am tone deaf, and I can't read music at all. Yet both kids are in their 8th year of music instruction... some more formal that others. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...