Tentative plan for my rising sophomore

 If you read my last post, you will know that my son is a rising Jr.  My 13 year old daughter is only 1 year behind him.  Her plan for finishing high school is a little less clear.  I do know that while he is taking the calculus  and physics route with plans to study computer science and graphics, she is a much more a practical thinking person (versus theoretical) who wants to be an actor and costume designer.  Plus she is already frustrated with Algebra, so I am worried about Algebra 2 and Calculus.  After a conversation with her and my husband, here is how I think it will go:

Grade 10:
~*Continue Algebra 1, then study for Algebra Clep Test.  This will equate to Algebra 1 plus College level Algebra 1
~Biology (non majors biology hippocampus)
~Spanish 2
~Intro to Chinese
~Modern Literature
~Study for US History 1 Clep Exam & then do US History 2
~Artios Academies for chorus, Christian World View, Musical Theater, Musical Theater Dance, Voice Lessons

Grade 11
~*Geometry?  Teaching Textbooks?
~Chemistry
~Chinese 2
~Grammar/ Lit: Analyzing and Interpreting Lit CLEP
~US History 2
~Artios Academies electives in Theater and Music

Grade 12
~ *Maybe Personal Finance or perhaps Algebra 2
~American or English Literature
~Artios Academies electives in Theater and Music and a Senior Project

I would love some input in the flexibility of homeschool math and College admissions!

*This is a work in progress... I have already several things since I have posted this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I love Teaching Textbooks, too! :)

Ahermitt said...

Actually TT is not my favorite... I think that kids don't retain what they have learned down the line 2-3 years, but I own it and I don't feel she needs to retain THAT MUCH geometry ... just my opinion.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...