Taking on a homeschool consultant role

I have decided to take on a homeschool consultant role this year.  I have been writing about homeschooling, for about 5 years and homeschooling for 8.  The number of people who have approached me just this summer has been overwhelming... in a very good way.  I have been able to give people advice and help them get started in homeschooling as well as provide support for people who have been homeschooling for less time than me.  In some cases I have been able to help homeschoolers who have homeschooled longer than me too. 

I believe the reason I have ammassed so much knowledge and insight is because I am a writer and so read everything I can find on homeschooling, and stay on top of the movement and subjects that affect them. 

I am excited to move onto this phase in homeschooling and plan to continue long past the time I finish homeschooling my kids. 

I don't know exactly what my role will look like yet and need to make some decisions as to what I will charge for and what I will give away... and the value of these services. 

I hope to start doing seminars soon, and am getting my materials together. 

I would love to hear from other homeschoolers who have moved into this role and from homeschoolers who need help so I can know what to provide.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...