Considering the track record...

Back when I started homeschooling, I looked around at nieces, nephews, and children of friends who were in school.   From what I could tell, too many of them were failing or had fallen behind in school.  I did not want to add to that statistic.

Today, I did a count of children in the family that are still in school.  Out of 10 children, less than half are thriving, some of them barely.  Still, homeschooling just seems crazy or is out of the question.

I just don't get it.

~The definition of insanity:  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

And the thing is, somehow if someone homeschools and is "behind," it's the mom's fault? But if the school is educating the kid, it's the parent/student's deal.

I think there is all too little grace for parents whatever they decide. It can be a hard choice when speech and other therapies are very expensive. I would prefer IDEA not fund public school but follow a model similar to birth- age 3 kids who are disabled. They come to your home.

Anyway, I am making up a blog post and you will get an award! You do not have to participate or anything but letting you know I'm sharing some linky luv. Have a great weekend!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...