Dear Brangelina, Keep Homeschooling but.....

Dear Brangelina, Keep Homeschooling but..... Don't pick up the mantle as good will ambassadors for homeschooling like this article on the New American website suggests.

I do love the fact that more and more celebrities are trying homeschooling on for size, but to become a leader in the movement would add the issue of these celebrities laying out instructions for how to homeschool.  For example, Angelina and Brad homeschool with the help of tutors. ( John Edwards children were homeschooled similarly. )  While there is nothing wrong with hiring a tutor when you need one, the last thing I would like to see is for every homeschooler to feel pressured to hire a tutor to help with their kids.  This is financially impossible for many.  For others it is impractical as the child does not need thehelp.

I think I would dislike "homeschooling according to Brangelina" as much as I dislike HSLDA telling me how to vote. 

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

My goodness, I would LOVE to hear about how to homeschool according to Brangelina. I wouldn't take it seriously, as the book would likely start out with, "Take $100,000 and..." but it would be fun to see them tootling around Europe, shopping at Harrod's, and hey! They don't even have to bother calculating exchange rates. The kids learn lessons like, "Mommy and Daddy are very rich so they can afford to say/do whatever they want."

Meh, it would be interesting. One of those things I would check out from the library but never spend money on. :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...