Homeschool study hall?

I spent the bulk of last week in a coffee shop.  Since my daughter had to be in Atlanta this week for her internship, I found a nice place to work and play on my computer while I waited for her.

I also took the time to observe the people in the coffee shop, which by the way was jam-packed with people... young people... and older people too.  It kind-of reminded me of homeschooling.  All of these people co-existed together, all in each other's space, without anyone getting bent out of shape.

Well, actually, I got bent out of shape a little when someone put their dirty-used cup on a table I was using to eat a salad... That was annoying, but I merely lifted an eyebrow, and had the cup taken away.  As the week moved on, I found myself playing twister with people as we plugged in and unplugged computers, sometimes each-other's accidentally.  I found myself watching laptops for people as they went to the bathroom, and asking the same for myself. 

One time I looked up from the computer and observed everyone working shoulder to shoulder from front door to back door of the space.  It reminded me of the idea I once had to provide such a space for homeschooled teens... a place where they could get out of the house, and still get their school work done.  It would be kind of like a homeschool study hall. 

I wonder if something like this would work?



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...