Revealing too much?

 I just saw a Today Show segment about a famous mommy blogger and they mentioned that she is divorcing and could not -not write about it.  This really sent my antennae up.  Antennae one went up because this woman is a self sustaining blogger.  COOL.  If not for my husband being a self-sustainer, I would not be able to blog. 
Second, I had to ask myself could blogging have been the downfall of her marriage?  I don't know.  I don't have time to read "6000 pages of stupid" (which is her website banner at this moment... wonder if her soon-to-be ex husband changed it to that without her realizing it).

Anyway, as a homeschool blogger, I have always been hesitant to write too much about my kids or ANYTHING about my husband. (Is that why my blog has not 'blown up'?)  Another of those questions I cannot answer.

As you can see, I just don't have any answers today.... I'd love to hear your prospective on blogging and talking about family.

Anyone?



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE 

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Meh. This lady has been pandering for attention about the stupidest things for like, ever. If I remember right she also blogged all kinds of work stuff and got fired? Well, if it wasn't her, it was someone else in the news at the same time.

Basic rules are, you can say you hate your job and give info on that but the second it's identifiable, or your kids or husband are and they don't like what you're writing... be sure you are self-supporting.

Grant you, my kids are out there and I do blog a lot of things. Not everything. And if I had a huge following I should like to think I'd be a little more careful/reserved than I am now.

Though if she can make money by blogging, more power to her. You just have to take blogs like that with a grain of salt because they are writing for the money, not NECESSARILY b/c they have something to say. :)

Jennifer Fink said...

I've always been careful about what I put online, but two things made me even more careful:
1) My divorce. When you're divorcing, anything can and may be used against you, so you better be darn careful about what you put out into the world.

2) My kids are getting older. With my older kids, esp., I'll ask before I share something in my blog or on FB. It's there life too, and I don't want any of them to someday be mortified by what they find online.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...