Last Day

Today was my son's last official day as a homeschooler.  Unless, you count prom and graduation.  His homeschool (ARTS) classes ended today, though he does need to have his final project reviewed.   Yesterday, I reviewed all of his work for the year and calculated grades.  I even got the results of his last ACT exam yesterday.... grr... a few points short for max scholarship, but it will do!

Anyway, he doesn't want to talk about it... or want us to talk about it.  Thank goodness I have this blog.  I feel like he's trying to process it all.  For him this is the end of freedom as he knows it.  He got to spend 4 out of 5 days home when other kids had to climb out of bed early in the morning, and do the same thing week-in, week-out. He got to choose what classes he would take each year, and he got to decide if he wanted to take a subject off on a tangent or into depth.  He has had a truly free learning experience.

From here on out, though he is excited for college, he will have a checklist he must follow, he must do what professors ask, he will need permission to  get "creative" with his studies.  I believe however, that I have provided enough structure where needed that he can transition well.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yep, I get you on having a kid who doesn't want anything talked about or on the blog. Congrats to him though! :)

jugglingpaynes said...

Congratulations to your son!
I finish with reporting my second this June (NY regulations), so for us, that is a kind of graduation. He still has a year to explore and decide what he wants to do next. It's weird to think I only have one child left to account for. Time goes so fast!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...