Game plan for scholarships for homeschoolers ... in action

I wasn't too surprised to find out that my tactic in getting my kids the best scholarships available was as same as that of TheHomeScholar.



Where my son was concerned, he still didn't get a full scholarship because his college choices were limited, due to his chosen major. But, I am not complaining about the scholarship he did get. One of the colleges he applied to, did fit this criteria, and offer him a full scholarship, but they did not have anything close to the program he needed.

 So there is definitely a downside to choosing a college based on finding a college where your SAT or ACT score is higher than the average scores at that school... they may not have the program you need. 

Fortunately, it looks like this tactic will work for my daughter, ...because her scores are pretty high, and the schools that fit her criteria also have her desired major. Most schools do.

In the end the best thing a student can do to get a scholarship is to apply themselves to study.  Showing leadership is great too.  There are a lot of scholarships for leadership, but you won't get them if you don't get the test scores as well.

Btw, here is a link that that will help you match test scores to colleges.

  FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

1 comment:

Blondee said...

I am always grateful for your insight and experience. Even though my son is only in 9th grade, we are talking college and course work, etc. and your expertise and advice are well noted.

Thank you!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...