Heading out again

I feel like I've spent the entire month of October on the road.  I am heading back out in the morning for 4 days for the High school Festival (or something like that) at an extremely conservative university.  My kids' homeschool program competes there every year (Chorus, classical vocals and instruments, and theater pieces) and this is the last year any of my kids is going, and first chance I have had to go along.  Usually election day lines up with the festival, but I think they may have moved it because the last Presidential election was such a bummer for such a conservative population, and it killed the morale of all that attended.... with the crying and all.

Anyway, it really is a good experience... really.  Anytime you get to get on the stage and compete with kids who are as seasoned as you are, makes you work harder.  I have found that this is an excellent way to start of every school year.

I almost forgot to add that we went to my son's college yesterday for parents day and then played hooky by not attending any of the planned agenda.  We got to spend some time with my son, who I barely recognize.  He's more confident, thinner, and stronger, than he was just a few short months ago.  We ended the day watching a play his roommate is in, and checking out the production value of the shows at that school.  No.  It did not convince my daughter to apply.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

2 comments:

Blondee said...

Glad you had a nice time with your son!! Sounds like a great start to the school year.

And how does he manage to evade the 'freshman 15' and instead LOSE weight?! Must be he misses Mom's good cooking!

Ahermitt said...

It seems the trick to losing instead of gaining the freshman 15 is to take a kinesiology class ( combo of phys Ed and health). He is also forced to walk nearly a mile in 15 minutes 2x a week to get from one class to another.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...