Taking a sick day

I can't ever remember taking a sick day from homeschooling.  I usually encourage some math and some reading no matter what.  My motto has been, If you don't have a fever, you can use your brain.

Maybe I have softened.

Of course right now, I am trying to will my daughter to sleep.  I have fed, medicated, and wrapped her up, no easy feat since she is hardly a child, and she is laying on the sofa wide awake and feeling like crud.  I think that's why I always give her something else to do anyway, because she does not know how to sleep.

I'm kinda upset that she is sick right now because I know a horde of sick kids showed up at the homeschool program on Tuesday, because they were auditioning for the play.  So, by last night, at the call back, everyone was visibly sick, and my kid had a headache. She woke up this morning, with full-fledged flu symptoms.  So here we are...

My trying to will her healthy in record time.  I even have her on oscillococcinim. (still haven't been able to pronounce it yet.)
Her- she's trying to pretend she's not sick so she doesn't miss weekend parties and rehearsals.

We just don't have time for this!  This month is full of auditions and competitions for college, and being sick in not on the calendar.

Wish us luck.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

You are not alone! I am hearing all kinds of news stories and even whole school districts have shut down! If it gets too bad, they will have to reschedule some things. I think it will be ok.

Meanwhile YOU rest, too! :)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...