So close... so annoyed.

So last night, 10 days before we are set to close at the new house, my realtor, who I am friends with and was shopping with, received a call from the lender (30 minutes after work hours had ended) who wove a story, telling my realtor that the builder was behind and my husband had approved a later closing date.

Lies. My husband was out of town and had not spoken to him.  Also, we had been in contact with the builder and their rep assured us they were on schedule.  He was trying to get the realtor to OK a later closing date.

Nope. Long story short... we communicated with husband, with the builder, and back with the lender.  From what we could surmise, they wanted the holiday off, but they knew the closing date going in and chose the final appraisal date... they could have done it two days earlier, signed the paperwork and gone about their lives.

When my husband was done writing his note, and my realtor was done pushing back, they changed their tune.

They had better not try me.  We need to close on time... the same day we set six months ago when we signed the contract on the house.

We are almost to the finish line.

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...