When you can't trust the system.


When I was pregnant with my second child, first child in my lap, Columbine happened. I assured myself this was a freak incident and I eventually got over it.

When my kids were growing up, and if you follow this blog, you know I homeschooled, I would tell myself that my kids were safe from these crazed shooters because I homeschooled... that was of course a lie. Movie theatres, malls, other drivers on the road, they are never truly "safe".

Now as a former homeschooling parent who makes costumes for school children, I am worried sick about these beautiful souls and their parents to entrust their kids to a system that is supposed to educated and protect them...

And I don't trust that system... at all.


1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Aaaand as a conservative Christian can I just mention this whole "right to life" thing might just mean we take *reasonable* precautions that we don't sell hugely powerful weapons to unbalanced people, don't ya think?

I don't see the various "sides" listening to one another and thinking up something reasonable though. I really don't like guns but I can also recognise that there are about 500 zillion guns that did NOT kill someone yesterday. Given that American society on the whole is committed to keeping weapons, what is truly reasonable?

I don't know but I'm just thinking aloud. I worry for my high schoolers also.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...