All Children Should Be Homeschooled

While I don't believe that every parent should pull their children out of public and private school and teach them solely at home, I do believe that every parent should be involved in their children's education to the point where they teach their children at home to a certain degree. This is what I mean by all children should be homeschooled.

In other words, if your child is having trouble learning to read, take it upon yourself to teach them at home. If your child is struggling in math. Help them. if your child has educational interests that are not available in school, make it available at home.

But how would you do it you ask? I realize that many parents of children in public school just don't know where to start when it comes to facilitating the education of children at home. The truth is that many homeschooling parents start in the same place. At some point we get over the fear and find a homeschool curriculum that will help to facilitate our desire to help our kids.

In fact, I began teaching my kids at home full time one year after I taught my daughter to read during the summer after her Kindergarten year since she got promoted to the first grade unable to read. I used an online reading curriculum to get the job done. So when I started homeschooling it made good sense for me to teach her and her brother using the online curriculum Time4learning.




Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...