Resisting the Urge to Sleep In

Because Tuesdays can be as long as 12 hours or more (Fine Arts classes on the other side of the county), the kids and I have the urge to sleep in on Wednesdays.  This year we are resisting that urge.  You can't sleep till noon when you have 5-6 core classes to complete in a 4 days a week schedule!  I know it's a lot, but they would not give up Artios Academies for the world, and I would not want them to.

In fact, they came home so energized and happy, I had thoughts of letting them do their academics at Artios too (as they had in middle school years) which would mean two days  a week, but logic prevailed as my budget and their individual needs put me back in check.

So as  I drug myself out of bed at 7:30 this morning and took a whole hour to wake them up and another 30 minutes to get them to swallow their breakfast smoothie and bacon breakfast (yum!) I kept reminding myself that at their ages, keeping a schedule is important and sets good habits that would carry them into adulthood. Still, all I wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

2 comments:

Homeschooling Peeps said...

Our co-op starts back up in a few weeks. I won't look forward to the 40 minute drive, but like you, I see how much my children love their classes and love seeing and talking with their friends. And honestly, I like having the opportunity to chat with my fellow homeschooling mommy friends :)

Andrea said...

I need to suck it up a bit and travel more. We live in the boonies but so much amazing stuff is within a two hour bubble. From D.C/Williamsburg/Jamestown/Hampton/VA Beach. But with the little ones, it's easier to stay close to home. I admire those that travel!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...