Dear Sarah Burge.... Really?

Dear Sarah Burge, 

I just wanted to point out a few other things you could have done with the $10,000 voucher you just gave to your seven year old daughter for breast implants.  By the way, this kind of superficiality is the kind of thing that makes me so glad that we homeschooled. I'd hate for my girl to be infected with this bug.

1.  Start a college fund, so she can feel good about her mind and not worry so much about her body.
2. Buy her a treasury bond or put it in a high yield saving or stock account. Teach her how to invest and double her money.  That way she will grow to be independently wealthy and not need to use her looks to make money.
3.  Take her on a trip.  Tour Europe, Italy, or Africa so she can expand her knowledge of the world.  This will make her less superficial.
4. Donate the money to a charity in her name, or better yet, use the money to help her start a charity, so she will end up with a big heart instead of big boobs.

Get the point?

The only thing dumber than giving a 7 year old a voucher for a boob job is wasting good money on it.  It would be better to invest in her future mind and heart.  Not her future body.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I'm cool with it. Hey, I figure if I can teach my children the Bible is literal, she can give her kid big boobs. I wouldn't want people like that coming after me b/c I homeschool or whatever... Couldn't really care LEGALLY though if I knew the folks personally? I'd feel sorry for the kid and sure think it's not the most healthy choice... The charity is an excellent idea BTW.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...