Tim Hawkins, and homeschooling

I've always done my best to not even suggest to my kids that they need to homeschool the next generation, but I do know my daughter has no intention of sending her own kids to school.  Will she be at traditional homeschooling mom?  Probably not.  She intends to work in theater and drag her kids along... whatever that means.  I wonder if her future will look anything like Tim Hawkins....  She's definitely a younger, darker, female version of him.

I just came across a video by Tim Hawkins, who was homeschooled and is now homeschooling his own.   

I really like the fact that homeschooling kids turned adults manage to find their passion in life and are able to chart their own paths.  I feel like he has done that.

Tim Hawkins per Wikipedia: Tim Hawkins is a Christian comedian, songwriter, and singer, best known for parodying popular songs, such as Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel" and "The Candy Man" stand-up material based on marriage, homeschooling and parenting. Hawkins has released three CDs and five DVDs of his material since 2006. In 2007, Hawkins began to release his comedy on the Internet, with his videos gaining more than 50 million views on YouTube and Facebook since.

More Time Hawkins Videos Here.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE

2 comments:

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Anonymous said...

I never really thought about whether or not I am influencing or even pressuring my children to homeschool... Do I want my future grandchildren homeschooled? yes,I do! Of course I hope my children choose this path from thier own convictions and not because they feel it is what is exspected. Thank you for giving me something to think about, I hope I can lead them to this path in life and yet hope that make this choice for themselves.

Keri ~ A homeschooling mom of 2, loving that curriculum isn't just black and white

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...