Happy New Year!

The new year has arrived rather quietly for me.

All the activity in my house has died down as my extended family that stayed with me since summer got their own place just before Christmas.  I am happy, and I hope they are too.

The kids are home, but not too active... they are still recovering from all of the activity of last semester.  They are trudging along through college, the younger one a bit more effortlessly than the older, which tells me that as I relaxed into homeschooling, the kids benefitted more. I.E. I was less stringent with the 2nd child than the first, and she used that extra freedom to her advantage...

or.. it could just have nothing at all to do with me.... it could just be a product of their personalities or gender... who knows.

As we head into another semester for my kids, I pray the younger one won't get too confident so that she slacks off, and the older will relax into the process of higher education, so that he might enjoy it, and intern find the value in higher education, that far too many black men don't get to experience.

Me... I'm declaring that I am going to work on my body again...  but as I have already been doing this for at least  months, I know I am truly serious about it.

I am going to continue working on myself so I can find my niche, motivation, and direction or the coming years.  I still want to stay connected to education and homeschooling, but it becomes more and more apparent that this is an avocation, not a vocation. There is no money in it.

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Are you still moving or trying to decide what you want to do first, and then plan from there? Are you packing things and de-cluttering? It's like a whole new phase of life. I just got a new printer. I am in the "adding homeschool material daily" phase. :)

Ahermitt said...

Gonna take a couple years to move. Slowly but surely getting the house show-home ready.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...