WHO READS MY HOMESCHOOL BLOGS?

As far as I know, my homeschool blog may be read by thousands, or they could be read by one or two. They may not be read at all. COMMENTS from readers would help a bit, but I can't just leave my comments open to anyone because started getting a whole bunch of weird spam comments around the first of the year.

I spent the last hour trying to find out what my google ranking was and how to raise it. All I found out is that i can't go that route... to force the increase of my rank. Its just too C-D-backslash (too close to programming). My mind just does not go there. Dealing with stuff like search engine optimization adding codes for reciprical links and the like... I just can't worry about all that.

So I will just keep blogging, and hoping that you my readers will comment, I do have readers right?... and refer back to me every once in a while.



Unlike myself USWeb seems to have the hang of search engine optimization. See what they have to say about search engine optimization: "Search Term “online marketing” Google’s #1 result is usweb.com, and on Google Accessible Search, the number one remains usweb.com. The reason is simple, we created the USWeb site in Web Standards, and in compliance with Web Accessibility guidelines. As a matter of fact, when I search for another term “Internet marketing”, I see that strategy pay off even more with a #2 ranking on Google Accessible Search (I’m resisting the temptation to call it GAS), when we only rank #8 on Google. On a side note, on each of these searches, I have noticed Wikipedia pop up very high on the fist page. What does this mean? I’m implying that the results are are significantly better on Google Accessible Search. But don’t take my word for it, try it yourself. I think after you do some searching, you’ll agree that it would make a lot of sense for Google to just apply this to their current algorithm. Creating the barrier of clean code will weed out a lot of garbage. Keep in mind that blogs are often clean code because of the inherent for of design. So blogs will start to rank much higher. Also, .gov and .edu sites are usual by policy Web Accessible compliant. I firmly believe that Google Accessible Search could soon be a major addition to Google’s primary search engine. And the way to take advantage of that is to make your sites as accessible as possible. As an industry leader with a proven track record in search engine optimization, USWeb will naturally optimize your Website to ensure that your Website achieves and maintains high rankings for your keywords and in the Internet's leading search engines and directories (Google, Inktomi, Yahoo, AOL, MSN, etc.)."

...On another front: Google has begun beta testing their accessible web search for the visually challenged. (huh?... now I am really confused!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. In fact, I found you through Guilt Free Homeschooling, which I recently started reading while looking for other homeschooling moms. After 3 years of blogging, I recently decided to change the orientation of my blog to more closely reflect my life as a h-s mom who, well, primarily cares about her family and home. So I'm glad to have found your site, and you're now one of my first reads in my news aggregator.

Anyway, don't let spammers scare you away from allowing comments. The more interactive a site is, the greater its readership. Between that and your solid writing, you probably have a far wider readership than you realize.

VK

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...