A new phase of our homeschooling journey

Next year both of my kids will be middle schoolers. The youngest will be starting 6th grade and the older 8th grade. Yesterday we had a meeting with the local Masters Academy to enroll them for next year. In addition to the fine arts program they have been attending they will also be taking academic classes on Thursdays and working from home the rest of the week...







We are very excited about this program as my son tried it two years ago, and would have done it last year too except that the location was just too far for us. I was glad to find that I had prepared the children adequately for thier entry into this program and that they were accepted at grade level after using a combination of Time4learning, workbooks, and a math tutor to homeschool them up until this point.

According to Time4learning "Many homeschool families use Time4Learning as core curriculum in one or more subjects: others use Time4Learning to supplement other homeschool curriculum with a fun interactive reinforcement of the day's lessons. Families with children in school use Time4Learning as an alternative to tutoring, learning centers, or supplementary workbooks."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I menjoyed time4learning with my youngest (the under 3rd grade level), but not for my older boys. And with my youngest being in 4th grade this year, we don't use it anymore. It is a great site, just didn't work for us.

YEAH- congrats to you on your homeschooling job! we always seem to wonder whre are kids are at with homeschooling... at least I do from time to time.

-Kimberly

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...