Five things this homeschooler does not want to give up in 2008

Just read a post at Mom is Teaching which talks about a post at Just enough mentioning 5 Homeschool must have's for 2008.

I can't say there are things I seek or am in need of. But, of all the things we have (regarding homeschooling), here are five things we would be hard pressed to give up.

1. Tween Snuggles. I have tweens who still snuggle. I fear the day when that will end. My 11 year old daughter still sits on me (I didn't say on my lap because she is too big for my lap.) She just walks up and plops down right on top of me. Many times we both topple to the floor. My 13 year old son (who we call big bear) will slowly stroll up and lay on top of our backs. (We tend to lay on our stomachs on the floor or bed while watching TV, or using our laptops.) He lays right on top of us from anywhere from 30 seconds for a quick hug, or until we proclaim that we can no longer breath. My husband has managed to tough it out for a couple of hours.

2. Laptops. There are four of us in this house, and we have four laptops. Yes, it is wretched excess, but keep in my that my husband travels for business, I write for websites, and my kids homeschool using local classes and their computers.

3. A good car. If we did not have my car in good condition, I fear we would be lost. For us the saying, "If they call it homeschooling, why are we never home", is comepletely true. We spend a great deal of time going from place to place.

4. Did I say local classes? Our homeschooling experience would not be the same without the programs at Masters Academy of Fine Arts. Having two artsy kids, there couldn't be a better outlet for them. They do plays, sing, have art classes, and learn history in the meanwhile. On Thursdays, they do academic classes. I thank God everyday for this program.

5. Good health. I have been sick and I have been well. I have had friends with sick kids, and friends with well kids. I thank the Lord for well kids and for my own health with is on the right side of good right now. This is something I definately want to keep in 2008.


Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Free Home Ed. Homeschool For Free!

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...