Homeschool Telemarketers for Word Smart

I have been getting telemarketing calls for the last couple of days from a company called The learning Center. The number they called me from is 2695372097. They use one of those automated dialing systems so that means that they call me, and spend ficve minutes saying "Hello.... Hello... Hello" before finally hanging up.

They called me again today and this time I got a human after the third Hello. I got a man with a very authorative voice who asked if I was still homeschooling and asked if I was using CD Roms or computers. I very pointedly said NO. He ignored my answer and went on to inform me of a program they are offering on a 30 day trial called Word Smart. It is supposed to help k-12 students improve reading and comprehension. I attempted to protest that I did not want it and the guy rudely cut me off and hung up.

I don't know which part of that call was most audacious.

The good news is that you can call the number back and have them take you off the mailing list.... I think... we all know how that works right?


Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

1 comment:

Darren Benfer said...

Hi, had a similar call, but they actually said a request for information had been made. When I said I knew nothing about it she suggested my wife may have done it. When I asked for a phone number, she said she would try later. When I pressed, she gave me one. She couldn't tell me the student's name only that they were in K-12 (um, of course!) BUT she denied she was a telemarketer. Sigh...

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...