My recent homeschooling and education articles

What about Honors, AP, and IB Programs?
As my son works on his high school program, I have been double checking to make sure is on track to be on equal ground with other students who will be apply to college along with him. Since he is college bound, in my mind, he must be able to compete with other college students on their level.


A Warning for Hybrid Homeschoolers

Some time ago, I explained that the best label for our family in the homeschooling realm is hybrid homeschooling. Hybrid homeschoolers work in the middle ground between school and home.

Reasons I am glad we homeschool: Cheating
Reports of an increase in students cheating has caught America by surprise. Sixty-four percent of students cheated on a test in the past year and 38 percent did so two or more times, up from 60 percent and 35 percent in a 2006 survey.


Grant and Scholarship Advice for Homeschoolers
As the costs of state colleges continue to rise deeming them unaffordable, I am becoming worried about how my homeschooled kids will pay for college.


Clean Up Your Act or You're Homeschooling!
As a homeschooler, I may have threatened my kids once or twice that if they did not show me more respect or cooperation, they would have to go to public school. This usually gets them in line. They've been there, done that, and don't want to do it again.

Notes from a homeschooling mom: high school
While most people managed to keep their opinions to themselves when it came to homeschooling my young kids, as they approached middle and high school, I could see a certain frantic ...


Students cheat because we teach them to
Speaking of kids cheating in school!"Richard J. Condon, the special commissioner of investigation for the city school system, found in a report issued on Wednesday that the assistant principal, Ruth Ralston, of the High School for Contemporary Arts...


Why are kids cheating in school

With 95% of high school students admitting to cheating in school one has to wonder why they cheat. Even more so, one has to wonder why 93 percent feel justified in cheating. Now I was not an angel in high school. As I remember it, I... Read More

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit Me at the Families.com Homeschool Blog

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...