I am amazed at how mature my children are

After a long sleepless night (between taking husband to teh train to catch a flight, and caring for a sick kitty), I woke up my daughter to tell her it was time to spend some time with the cat as it was time to put her to sleep.  She cried for about 5 minutes, then I cried for about 5 minutes, then we called the vet and made the appointment.  We had 4 hours to spend with her and made the most of it. 

My kids were so much stronger than me.  They are clearly sad, but understand that 18 years with a cat is a very, very long life. 

I got this cat and her long ago deceased sister the year I was married, several years before my first child.  I feel lkike I lost a child.  My daughter says she was losing a mother-cat. It's like my son is losing a sibling.

They mange to put it all into perspective though and keep a stiff upperlip and a brave front.  They are making the process much easier for me.

Sigh.  Just wanted to say that DALE, my wonderful kitty is gone, and the kids are handling it just fine...me.  That's another story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read more Notes From a Homeschooling Mom

Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com

Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...