Reasons I am glad we homeschool: Klan Costumes?

Holy lack of judgment Batman!


A Dahlonega GA teacher in an effort to demonstrate a lesson on Racism thought up a school project that included students dressing up as Klu Klux Klan members.  According to the news (on TV) black students were frightened, angered, and upset.  As an African American Family living nearby this school, I am glad it is not something that me kids had to deal with.  Instead of being surprised, shocked, or worse by the stupid stunt, we can discuss it and use it as a teaching moment about thinking things out before you act. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...