Sorry About the Videos

You may or may not have noticed that many of my old Youtube video blogs are disabled.  Sorry.  Looking back over them, I just didn't like them.  I felf some were unprofessional, and others were just not what I want to present. 

I want to thank those people who still regularly encourage me to make videos and tell me that they have helped or inspired them.  It's kind of weird to realize that people you know actually follow your videos and others recognize you on the street.

Nevertheless, I plan to start making homeschool video blogs again.  I will not allow comments on them because some people can be downright evil and hurtful.  (The experience made me painfully aware of racism.)  Instead, commenting will be strictly reserved for my blog readers.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Visit My Education Column at Examiner.com Check out FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE for free homeschool links and resources

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

I am sorry to hear this happened to you on youtube... you think you know people and then stuff pops up. I have noticed this too when we had a lady come over who was black. (Umm, ok, she still is lol..) She was uncomfortable and wanted to know why everyone in my neighbourhood poked their noses around staring at her and looking at her vehicle license, etc. I was embarrassed and ashamed that she was treated that way. But most of the time I would hope we'd get to the point where I shouldn't have to think twice about who I can invite over. I will be reluctant next time, because that's not fair to my guest. Then again, other people need to get over it already.

Sigh. I will just meet her somewhere else next time. :(

But I hope there will be a way for *friends* and acquaintances to comment, because I truly enjoyed those videos. That's how I got hooked up to your blog. :)

I think it's especially important that folks like you with older children keep blogging and posting. There is plenty out there about little kids and homeschooling, but far less about older children and preparing for college, etc.

Ahermitt said...

Mrs C. I insist you keep inviting blacks to your home, or consider living somewhere where you can... they win when they control who you have in your house.

I have no intention to stop video blogging... I just need to think about it and go about it more purposefully.

I won't have comments on the videos though... but a link to my blog where people can comment to their hearts content... This will add an extra step and stop anonymous hate mail... I hope.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yep. You at least want 'em to click around a few times, make up a fake name and post the comment. Trolls stink. I have my stuff set so that anonymous people can no longer comment. I hated doing that... but I got some hate in regard to having autistic children. Really, really vile stuff.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...