Is this teacher pervy or is it me?

I realize some people will think I am over reacting, but I ventured onto the youtube education page yesterday, and started clicking around to see what was available.  I came upon a lipdub  done by a high school class.  A lipdub is supposed to be a video done in one take that keeps moving from person to person as they lip sync a song.  I am pretty sure this video was part of an editing project as it was not a true lipdub but clips edited together. 

Anyway, it is all good and well except for the song that was chosen... for a class project...  in which a teacher participated.

If you have to use bleeping, it probably shouldn't be used for a classroom project.

Parents, see this for yourself and let me know what you think.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE MY BUSINESS WEBSITE WalletPop Contributor

3 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

My older sons attend public school, and I know that public schools are not "Christian" and don't necessarily edify in every class. But things that need bleeping would DEFINITELY go against my value system in terms of what ought be presented to my children. But I didn't understand more than a few words from the whole thing, and I am not saying that to be classist (no doubt the rapper makes more than me anyway... so likely a moot point lol).

Ahermitt said...

The rapper is Jamaican Mrs. C. You probably need to have an ear for it... didn't think of that... but the line is "honey came in and she caught me red red handed creeping with the girl next door. Picture this, we were both bleep... bleep. bleeping on the bathroom floor."

Precious isn't it?

How's that for curriculum?

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

I've time to time watch Jimmy Kimmel and he likes to do this thing called "unnecessary" sensor. It's to make you think they said something that really wasn't said.

The words they "bleeped out" was naked and banging. "Picture this we were both butt-BLEEP BLEEP on the bathroom floor". I'm sure you can figure out what bleep is for naked and what bleep is for banging.

I doubt that those words needed to be bleeped out, I have a feeling the kids wanted to do that for EFFECT!

As for the song content. I can't believe the teacher allowed it given the subject matter.

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...