Atlanta Traffic Baffles me

 I am sitting in a very cool coffee bar in Atlanta called Octane.  It is near Atlantic station kind of in the warehouse district.  I am here because my daughter has an internship nearby with Fabrefaction Theater doing costuming.  In my mind, it doesn't make sense to drive down to Atlanta and back, and back again and then back home, when I always get more work done away from the distractions of my home. 

Anyway, here's what baffles me.  The kids have classes once or twice a week, about 40 minutes from our house, on the other side of our county.  It can take an hour to get there is traffic is difficult, but usually 45 minutes will do. (all street traffic with lots of stop lights)

What I discovered (or rediscovered today) is that it only takes 30 minutes to get into Atlanta if it is timed right.  Fortunately, my daughter's internship supervisor lives further northeast than we do, so she set times that made it super easy to avoid traffic.  yay. 

So all this time I have been whining and complaining about driving to Atlanta has just been noise.  It the traffic didn't make me so tense and leave my neck in knots, I could spend more time in Atlanta.  I know I am now open to finding more opportunities for my kids here.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...