Public school parents, remember you are your child's guidance counselor



I am finding that in my area, several families are being hit up for money because their students needed to take extra classes to be able to graduate. I thought it was an isolated incident until I started asking the question "is your senior ready to graduate?". I keep hearing no.




The good news, is that there are ways to make sure your child graduates on time. There are local online and private schools from which the public school MUST accept credit.

If you find yourself in this position, check out

http://highschool.unl.edu/ and

http://ce.byu.edu/is/site/courses/highschool.cfm

If you can't get anywhere with the school's guidance counselors, then go to the board of education.


FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
MY BUSINESS WEBSITE
WalletPop Contributor
Brighthub Contributor

1 comment:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Yowie, that's scary... must check in and see if my older children are on track...

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...