Doing more for me

I've resisted joining a gym for a long time.  The last time I belonged to one was when we lived in New Orleans, in 2000.  I also did Taekwondo from 2001-2004, which was more rigorous than joining a gym, but nevertheless, it has been 10 years since I made my fitness a priority... and it shows.

I am starting off with water aerobics, which I can already feel is strengthening my core.  I do that 4 mornings a week... and I will start going with my husband in the evenings for treadmill and weights in a reasonable amount of time... when my body stops aching from just doing the Aquafit class.  Fortunately the gym is literally around the corner, so it will be easy to come and go as we please.

Originally, I discouraged my husband from joining the gym since we have a fitness room in our own basement that we don't use, but so far, I am very happy that he ignored me and joined the gym anyway.  ... so thanks hun.  It's a family membership, so my daughter is going too and my son plans to take advantage of it whenever he is home.

FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

3 comments:

Beyond-The-Spectrum said...

More African-Americans should be cognizant of fitness! Beyond-The-Political-Spectrum

Ahermitt said...

More mothers, especially homeschooling moms should be cognizant of physical fitness.

Karen said...

Good for you!
I could totally use some classes like this...

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...