She's chosen a college

This has been a crazy month.  We began with a serious illness for both of us, and her Flu turning into a sinus infection that made it near impossible to sing.  That sucked big time because she had competitions coming up and kind of dictated having a voice.

The first competition was a bust, but the scholarship competitions went well.  Both colleges awarded enough scholarship money to cover tuition, leaving us with only room and board.  One college however, (the parent's favorite) is less expensive, and there are some additional smaller awards that will take the balance all the way down!

So we are done for now.  She is going to a Women's college with an intimate drama program to give her more of the grounding we think she needs to compete on a higher level.  At some point in the
future, we will look at auditioning at a musical theater school, or perhaps further in the future, she may look at a graduate program for theater/ costuming.

Interestingly, we are looking at son's college choice again because so many young people transfer from or into his school at Jr. year, so he has to make sure that he will want to stay  put or consider trying to get a bigger art scholarship from his first choice school next year and considering transferring.

I thought I would be completely hands off (of my kids education) once I deposited them in their dorm rooms.  But since they are still connected to my pocket-book, I can see that as much as I want to step back, I may want to keep my nose a little bit in their business.

Still Hurray!  We can breathe a sigh of relief that that my daughter's college choice and talents are going to give us a bit of a financial relief.



FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE
ahermitt.com

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Way to go!

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...