T.I, is right- Kids trying to convince their parents to let them homeschool

When kids contact me through social media, it is usually with the intention of getting ammunition to convince their parents to let them homeschool.

Clearly, I am pro-homeschooling, but I am not so much for kids leading the charge to homeschool.  I mean, I'm kind of impressed with kids who bring it up, but homeschooling isn't the children's responsibility, it is the parents. The parent must put in hours each week into looking at curriculum, instructing, checking work, and keeping records.  Homeschooling is as much as a chore for the parent as the kid. The is why the parent must lead the charge to homeschooling, and not the child.

In celebrity news, Rapper/personality T.I. had an argument with his teenage son about homeschooling.  When asked how school went the child said "school sucks" but homeschooling would not... WRONG!  Homeschooling a child who hated school is darn near impossible.  Once he gets his freedom he will not go back. In the argument, T.I. told the child that he was not ready for homeschooling, or to be a full-time musician because "he didn't put in the work yet".  T.I. also chastised the older family members for babying the boy who decided to cry would help him get his way.  In all honesty, I usually don't pay attention to this type of show, or this rapper in particular, but what he said was so right! "Keep fighting, it will make a man out of you".  "Don't coddle him, let him get angry, and think about his plan" (something like that).

Chances are, he will let the child homeschool, after he comes up with a plan and understands the amount of work he has to put into it. Chances are, this father is right.

Here's a video of the disagreement. T.I. and son, King, clash over homeschooling.

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...