What is the worst that can happen? Seriously?

This post is not for homeschoolers, perse. It is for everyone! 

Here's the thing. Bad things are happening right now, but let's just focus on Covid19 for a minute. 

I live in the State of GA and it is turning into quite the virus hot spot right now. 

Whether people want to admit it or not, it is more dangerous to be single and mingle, so to speak than it was the whole time we were doing shelter in space.  

But let me get to the point. 

Why are we sending kids back to school? We closed down pretty quickly last year when teachers started getting sick... immediately. What is going to change there? 

In speaking to my teacher friends, I am hearing that they either report to work or they lose their jobs.  I feel like we are playing Roulette here.  Children are virulent. They pass colds and viruses quickly. What happens when teachers get sick and die? Subs?  They don't have insurance. They will die quicker. 

So here is my thought, and I realize it has a ton holes.. Poke away in the comments section.  But, I think school buildings should remain closed this year. Parents should maybe receive childcare subsidies. Education should happen online... and if online public school is too hard, then ACTUALLY HOMESCHOOL. 

Because if the worst case scenario is little Timmy getting left back when you return to school, then at least no one in your immediate family died to make sure he could matriculate. 



If my kids weren't adults already, they certainly would not be in any school this year. 

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...