Other things that I won't be doing anymore... with my kids anyway:
- Late night curriculum preparations, so kid can start homeschooling at a decent time the next morning.
- Driving an hour for a 1 hour class or rehearsal, then driving back home.
- Hanging out in coffee shops to kill time while my kids are in classes.
- Deciding between a traditional science class, or letting the child explore science from cooking or nature.
- Trying to find reading material focussed on a child's personality.
- Spending a week matching a history and literature curriculum up chapter for chapter, so they are studying the same topics in both subjects.
- Answering an asked question, only to be dismissed before I am done talking because the kid now "gets it".
- No more carpool (which I am sure sounds strange for a homeschooler). But if kids who live in the same general area have to go to the same place on the other side of the county, why not carpool?
- No more drama club costuming or set building. In college, parents are no longer needed for this chore... students and teachers do it themselves.
- No more drama club parent duties. I don't have to sell ads, I don't have to sell tickets. I don't have to sell concessions. I will send out an email to let folks know when daughter is in a play, and will go see said play.
- I won't be spending this summer belly-aching over next year's curriculum choices.
- I won't have to even talk about homeschooling to strangers who ask the simple question: "Where do your kids go to school.
Sigh, I may miss some of it, but other items, I will be glad to put in my past.
FREE HOME EDUCATION WEBSITE