Why I will wait for homeschool day at 6 flags

The Atlanta Six Flags attempted a huge promotion today to get children on spring break to come and spend money. They said they would let everyone who arrived between 6am to 9 am would get in free. The promotion went wrong, very very wrong...





Carloads of people began lining up as early at 3am to get into the park. By 5:30, drivers let passengers (i.e. thier children) get out of the cars from the freeway to walk to the gates. Those kids were turned away and of course had trouble finding their cars. There are reports of fights. Park officials ended the free admission at 5:55, thereby renigging thier promise. Police began turning cars back that were hindering rush hour traffic around 6:30.

My daughter did want to go, so I let her go with my pastors family who had the good sense to listen to the news and turn back before ever getting on the highway.

As for me, I will wait for homeschool day, when I will purchase discounted tickets in advance.

In my opinion, six flags should have never tried this stunt. Instead they should have given out free tickets through schools and radio stations.

No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...