I am sending in my Intent to Homeschool Forms Today


I waited until the local school year started because last year I sent them in too early (at the end of the previous year) and ended up on the Truancy list for not sending them in at the beginning of the years...

There was a truant officer sitting outside my home for 1/2 hour, I guess while they filled out paper work. When one of my kids stepped out the door and stared at them, they finally drove away.

I got a phone call the next day asking where my forms were since I was still homeschooling. I sent them in again, and made sure my attendance forms went out on time.

I really have to mind my p's and q's this year as my son is 13 and will start driving lessons in just a few years. In Georgia, if your attendance forms are not sent in exactly as required, your child will not be able to get a liscense. They have managed to tie drivers liscences to school attendance, which is a royal pain for homeschoolers.


btw, here is a recording I did answering the question, what to do teach a homeschooler?




No comments:

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...