Defending The Reasons I homeschool

I did a video on youtube sometimes back. I was in part having some fun in mocking those who think they have a right to question me about homeschooling my kids. I was also encouraging other homeschoolers to not try to defend themselves from people who really have no business questioning them. The video is here.



I woke up this morning to a comment that said something to the fact that I was ignorant because I did not even try to explain why I was homeschooling. My knee-jerk reaction was to delete the comment.

In retrospect, I should have kept the comment as it completely illustrated my point. There are people out there with absolutely no authority over our lives who think they we have to explain something to them. I don't. MY only responsibility, as I see it is to educate my kids well, and give information to people who wish to do the same.

I don't owe any explanation to anyone else.

1 comment:

Misti said...

You're absolutely right! Our only responsibility is to our children. How is it that the people who think they deserve a say in our lives and demand an explanation are the ones so ignorant they don't listen to the explanation?

(I am not referring to people who are genuinely misinformed and truly concerned. They may have their reservations, but they generally ask politely and listen to the answers.)

12 grade year of homeschooling, Finishing Strong

We are almost done with my college prep series. There will still be a video on completing the transcript.    Stay tuned... meanwhile, ...